HCLE2000 provides a comprehensive understanding of the 10 professional practices in business continuity and their proper application within a health care context. Created by DRI International, content has been modified for the Canadian context, including a wide variety of Canadian health and healthcare sector examples.
Presenter: Lisa Shallow, DRI Canada
Lisa Shallow is the Business Continuity Planning Coordinator at Eastern Health Services in St. John’s NL, and is a certified instructor with the Disaster Recovery Institute (DRI) - Canada. Lisa has led the adaption of the DRI business continuity course to Canadian healthcare sector.
The Professional Practices are measurable business continuity program parameters, as follows:
1. Program Initiation and Management
2. Risk Evaluation and Control
3. Business Impact Analysis
4. Business Continuity Strategies
5. Emergency Response and Operations
6. Plan Implementation and Documentation
7. Awareness and Training Programs
8. Business Continuity Plan Exercise, Audit and Maintenance
9. Crisis Communications
10. Coordination with External Agencies
If you wish to regsiter or have any inquiries, please contact Richard Bochenek at: