This webinar provides an overview of six steps to health promotion planning. The steps include:
1. pre-planning and project management
2. situational assessment
3. setting goals, audiences and outcome objectives
4. choosing strategies and activities and assigning resources
5. developing indicators
6. reviewing the plan
As we examine the six steps, we address the “how” and “why” of each step. To close, we identify quality sources for more information, tools and describe our customized services.
Presenter: Salima Allibhai-Hussein
Salima is a health promotion field support specialist focusing on planning and evaluation at Public Health Ontario. Salima holds a master of public health (health promotion) and a master of social work from the University of Toronto, as well as a bachelor of social work from the University of British Columbia. Her professional background includes ten years of experience in program planning, monitoring and evaluation in the not-for profit sector.
- Identify and understand the different steps in the planning process.
- Describe what is involved in each step.
- Reflect on how the model can be used to address your own planning experiences and needs.
- Know how to access our products and services to support your planning needs.
Stay up-to-date on upcoming events and calls for abstracts by visiting our calendar.
If you have submissions, or questions or comments about the items above, send them to email@example.com
Public Health Ontario is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodations to participate in this event, please contact 647-260-7100