Note: This is an open invitation, and may be forwarded to interested parties.
Introduction to Indicators
This webinar will introduce and examine indicators as they are used in public health planning and evaluation. Participants will be shown the basic components of an indicator and various types of indicators, as well as tips on how to use indicators effectively. Criteria to help in the selection of indicators, as well as resources for finding established indicators will be discussed. To close, we identify quality resources and tools for more information, and describe our customized services.
Susan Snelling has been providing consulting and training on planning and evaluation for more than 15 years, including 10 years in a local public health unit setting. Susan has a doctorate in psychology and holds the Credentialed Evaluator designation from the Canadian Evaluation Society.
• Identify and understand the different components of an indicator.
• Distinguish between different types of indicators.
• Understand the criteria for assessing an indicator.
• Gain a better understanding on how to use indicators in a public health context.
• Know how to access Public Health Ontario products and services to support indicator selection or creation.
If you have submissions, or questions or comments about the items above, send them to email@example.com
Public Health Ontario is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodations to participate in this event, please contact 647-260-7471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.