IPAC Information Transfer -"What's the Diff"? is hosted jointly by Peel Public Health (PPH), Public Health Ontario (PHO) and IPAC-Peel and Neighbouring Areas (IPAC-PANA).
This workshop focuses on the challenges of Clostridium difficile. Our exploration of the bacterium will include: a long-term care home’s outbreak experience, an interactive review of C. difficile management in health care settings, and the process and details of fecal transplants and the impact of microbiota on health.
• Nadine Sitaram, Resource Nurse, Malton Village
• Dr. Emma Allen-Vercoe, Associate Professor, University of Guelph
• George Broukhanski, Ph.D. Molecular Specialist, Public Health Ontario Laboratories
• Dr. Michael Silverman, Chair/Chief of Infectious Diseases, Western University, Medical Director, HIV Clinic, St. Joseph's Hospital, London
Following the workshop attendees will be able to:
• describe the complexities of investigating and managing a C. difficile outbreak in LTC
• learn about fecal transplants and new research related to microbiota health
All individuals involved in Infection Prevention and Control in Long-term care or Retirement Home settings are welcome to join.