9 Dec 2019
Register today for TOPHC 2020 to take advantage of the early bird promotional pricing. Registrants can also select and reserve their preferred workshop. Workshop space is limited so register early to secure your spot.
During March 25-27, 2020, public health professionals from across the province and beyond will meet, share ideas and come together to explore how strategy, leadership and practice can align to address changes in the public health sector.
What’s in store at TOPHC 2020:
- Day one - Dr. Aletha Maybank, Chief Health Equity Officer, American Medical Association, speaks about the impact of hate and racism on the health of different communities.
- Day two – Hot TOPHC - public health professionals from across the province engage in a panel discussion on the causes and characteristics of syndemics and their impact on health. Speakers to be confirmed soon.
- Day two, TOPHC Talks - Dr. Rita Orji, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Computer Science, Dalhousie University, discusses how persuasive technologies like apps and games can be used to improve health and wellness behaviours.
- Day three workshops include:
- The Changing Landscape of Foodborne Outbreak Investigations: Exploring New Technologies, Tools and Resources
- Implementing Indigenous Cultural Safety in Organizations: From Resistance to Responsibility
- Tools in your Tool Belt - IPAC Lapse Investigations and Risk Assessments
- Partners Communicating in Times of Crisis and Uncertainty
- Risk-Based Management of Environmental Health Issues
See you at TOPHC 2020 this spring!