Fungus Culture Kit (6-Pack) order#: 390048
Consistent with O. Reg. 671/92 of the French Language Services Act, test ordering and instructions on this page is only available in English because it is scientific or technical in nature and is for use only by qualified health care providers and not by members of the public.
This supply pack is sufficient for six Fungal dermatophytic cultures such as Trichophyton rubrum, Trichophyton mentagrophytes, and Epidermophyton floccosum; containing six black paper envelopes and six General Test Requisition.
- Disinfect the area before collection using 70% alcohol.
- Collect appropriate samples of skin, hair, roots or nails.
- Unfold the black paper and place the specimen inside. Refold the paper as received to ensure that the specimen remains inside the paper.
- Label the paper envelope where indicated with the patient’s full name, date of collection and one other unique identifier such as the patient’s date of birth or Health Card Number. Failure to provide this information may result in rejection or testing delay.
- Complete all fields of the requisition: include, the patient’s full name, date of birth, Health Card Number (must match the specimen label), enter ‘Fungus-Superficial-Microscopy and Culture’ and/or the suspected fungal agent(s) under test description, source of specimen, date of onset, date of collection, physician name and address, and clinical diagnosis.
- Place the specimen in the biohazard bag and seal bag.
- Insert the completed requisition in the pocket on the outside of the sealed biohazard bag.
- Store at room temperature and transport to laboratory within 72 hours of collection
- For further information about Fungus culture-Superficial specimen collection and testing refer to the Test Directory Index.
Storage of unused kits:
The kits can be stored at room temperature until used; there is no expiry date