Ontario Respiratory Virus Tool
The Ontario Respiratory Virus Tool provides comprehensive epidemiological information of respiratory virus activity in Ontario, including COVID-19, influenza and other respiratory viruses. Explore respiratory virus data including weekly case trends, laboratory testing, and outbreaks. The tool also contains additional COVID-19-specific data including: outcomes (hospitalizations, deaths, and ICU and hospital bed occupancy) and COVID-19 vaccination and dose administration.
Updates as of February 23, 2024:
- The ORVT now includes new COVID-19, influenza and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) outcomes data including:
- COVID-19 hospital bed occupancy data for people being treated primarily for COVID-19 (due to infection).
- Influenza hospital bed occupancy data for all people in hospital testing positive (total), as well as people being treated primarily for COVID-19 (due to infection).
- RSV hospital bed occupancy data for all people in hospital testing positive for RSV (total).
- All bed occupancy (total and due to infection) data for COVID-19, influenza RSV can be filtered by public health unit. All total bed occupancy data can also be filtered by age group.
COVID-19 hospitalizations (hospital admissions) are no longer updated in the ORVT and are available up to January 20, 2024. This is due to the declining completeness of COVID-19 hospitalization data for the 2023-24 surveillance period, which PHO obtains from the provincial Case and Contact Management database (CCM). The enhancements to the COVID-19 bed occupancy indicator data will help to support surveillance and reporting on COVID-19 outcomes.
The tool is updated Fridays. The tool will be updated the next business day following a holiday.
For COVID-19 wastewater information please visit the COVID-19 Wastewater Surveillance page.
For short term projections of SARS-CoV-2, influenza, and respiratory syncytial virus activity, please see Integrated Respiratory Virus Risk Indicators for Ontario report.
We want your feedback!
If you have any feedback on the tool or the data in the tool, please email your comments to email@example.com.