Pinworm Ova Kit order#: 390045
This supply pack is sufficient for one pinworm ova analysis containing one vial with a sticky paddle on the screw cap and one General Test Requisition.
- Collect sample first thing in the morning before washing or using toilet.
- Press sticky surface of paddle against perianal skin with moderate pressure.
- Return paddle into vial and secure screw cap.
- Label the specimen container with the patient’s full name, date of collection and one other unique identifier such as the patient’s date of birth or Health Card Number. Failure to provide this information may result in rejection or testing delay.
- Complete all fields of the requisition: include, the patient’s full name, date of birth, Health Card Number (must match the specimen label), enter ‘Pinworm Ova’ under test description, source of specimen, date of onset, date of collection, physician name and address, and clinical diagnosis.
- Place specimen in the biohazard bag and seal bag.
- Insert the completed requisition in the pocket on the outside of the sealed biohazard bag.
- After collection, specimen should be transported to the laboratory as soon as possible.
- For further information about pinworm ova specimen collection rand testing refer to the Test Directory Index.
Storage of unused kits:
The kits can be stored at room temperature with stated expiry date - DO NOT USE EXPIRED KITS
Updated 19 June 2019
You need a MyPHO Account to save this page.
You have successfully created a MyPHO account!
Use MyPHO to save content relevant to you, take online courses and register for subscriptions.