Taking Action to Prevent Chronic Disease: Recommendations for a Healthier Ontario
Chronic diseases are the leading cause of death in Ontario. Taking Action to Prevent Chronic Disease is a joint report published by Public Health Ontario and Cancer Care Ontario in March 2012 that helps guide a provincial strategy to:
- reduce population-level exposure to four key risk factors
- build capacity for chronic disease prevention
- work towards health equity
Taking Action to Prevent Chronic Disease: Report
- Brings together experts in data collection, evidence synthesis and knowledge exchange.
- Identifies policy-based interventions and system-wide changes to inform provincial action and address the four risk factors associated with chronic diseases.
- Features 22 evidence-informed recommendations to prevent chronic disease.
Updated 10 June 2019
You need a MyPHO Account to save this page.
You have successfully created a MyPHO account!
Use MyPHO to save content relevant to you, take online courses and register for subscriptions.