Bordetella pertussis Kit (2 Pack) order#: 390052
This supply pack is sufficient for two Bordetella pertussis PCR tests containing two vials of transport media with nasopharyngeal swabs and two General Test Requisition Forms.
- Open the pouched seal pack and aseptically remove the sterile nasopharyngeal swab from the package.
- Follow procedure in the diagram below to collect material by nasopharyngeal swab.
- Place swab in special pertussis transport media.
- Break swab shaft at score line and cap vial tightly.
- Label the specimen container with the patient’s full name, date of collection and one other unique identifier such as the patient’s date of birth or Health Card Number. Failure to provide this information may result in rejection or testing delay.
- Complete all fields of the requisition: include, the patient’s full name, date of birth, Health Card Number (must match the specimen label), enter ‘Bordetella pertussis PCR’ under test description, source of specimen, date of onset, date of collection, physician name and address, and clinical diagnosis.
- Place specimen in the biohazard bag and seal bag.
- Insert the completed requisition in the pocket on the outside of the sealed biohazard bag.
- Specimens should be stored at 2-8°C following collection and shipped to PHOL on ice packs. Maximum storage/transit time at 2-8°C is within 5 days of collection.
- For further information about Bordetella pertussis specimen collection and testing, refer to the Test Directory Index.
Storage of unused kits:
The kits can be stored at room temperature with stated expiry date - DO NOT USE EXPIRED KITS.