Urogenital Mycoplasma / Ureaplasma Kit order#: 390064
Consistent with O. Reg. 671/92 of the French Language Services Act, test ordering and instructions on this page is only available in English because it is scientific or technical in nature and is for use only by qualified health care providers and not by members of the public.
This supply pack is sufficient for six Urogenital Mycoplasma/Ureaplasma cultures containing six vials of universal transport media with large swabs and six General Test Requisitions.
- Open the pouched seal pack and aseptically remove the sterile swab from the package.
- Collect the specimen from the site involved as soon as possible following the onset of symptoms.
- Aseptically remove cap from vial and insert swab in medium.
- Break swab shaft evenly at the scored line and replace cap to vial closing tightly.
- Label the specimen container with the patient’s full name, date of collection and one other unique identifier such as the patient’s date of birth or Health Card Number. Failure to provide this information may result in rejection or testing delay.
- Complete all fields of the requisition: include, the patient’s full name, date of birth, Health Card Number (must match the specimen label), enter ‘Urogenital Mycoplasma/Ureaplasma’ under test description, source of specimen, date of onset, date of collection, physician name and address, and clinical diagnosis.
- Place specimen in the biohazard bag and seal bag.
- Insert the completed requisition in the pocket on the outside of the sealed biohazard bag.
- To maintain optimum viability, the specimen should be stored and transported at 2-8°C or on wet ice to the laboratory for processing within 72 hours of collection.
- For further information about Urogenital Mycoplasma/Ureaplasma specimen collection refer to the Test Directory Index.
Storage of unused kits:
The kits can be stored at 2-25°C with stated expiry date - DO NOT USE EXPIRED KITS.