Dr. JinHee Kim
Public Health Physician
Environmental and Occupational Health
"It is a privilege to be part of and support public health practice in Ontario. In environmental public health, there are unique opportunities and challenges that I am excited to address as part of an organization that bridges science, practice and policy."
Areas of Expertise
- surveillance of environmental hazards and exposures
- food safety and risk
- primary care medicine
- land use planning policy
- environmental burden of disease
Academic Degrees and Accreditations
- Doctor of Medicine, University of British Columbia
- Master of Public Health (Epidemiology), University of Toronto
- Fellow, The Royal College of Physicians of Canada, Public Health and Preventive Medicine
- Member, College of Family Physicians of Canada
PHO Research Interests
- Tracking of environmental hazards, exposures and health outcomes to enhance information for public health action.
- Environmental burden of illness as a means to assess the relative impact of different environmental health issues on the health of the population.
- Approaches to human health risk assessment for environmental hazards.
PHO Research Activities
- public health response to lead exposures
- health impact assessments in environmental health
- Peterson E, Aker A, Kim J, Li Y, Brand K, Copes R. Lung cancer risk from radon in Ontario, Canada: how many lung cancers can we prevent? Cancer Causes Control. 2013;24(11):2013-20.
- Buxton JA, Kim JH. Hepatitis A and hepatitis B vaccination responses in persons with chronic hepatitis C infections: a review of the evidence and current recommendations. Can J Infect Dis Med Microbiol. 2008;19(2):197-20.