Call for Members: Ontario Immunization Advisory Committee (OIAC)
About Ontario Immunization Advisory Committee (OIAC)
Established in August 2021 at the request of the Chief Medical Officer of Health, the Ontario Immunization Advisory Committee (OIAC) provides evidence-based advice to Public Health Ontario on vaccines and immunization matters including vaccine program implementation in Ontario, priority populations and clinical guidance. The focus of the Committee’s work is on publicly-funded vaccines and immunization programs in Ontario and those under consideration for new programming .
OIAC is currently recruiting members in the following roles:
Infectious Disease Epidemiologist
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- PhD in epidemiology with expertise in vaccine preventable diseases/immunization preferred OR professional designation (e.g., MD, RN) with MSc in epidemiology with proven track-record of research in vaccine preventable diseases/immunization.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in epidemiology (excluding graduate-level training).
- Appointment with research institute or post-secondary institution (e.g., university) in Ontario.
- Highly skilled in epidemiological methods and data analyses.
- Remains current with new and emerging research in vaccine preventable diseases/immunization as it relates to the Ontario context.
- Recognized as a credible expert in epidemiology and vaccine preventable. disease/immunization among peers
- Experience with economic/mathematical modelling an asset.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their expression of interest with a CV and complete contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications open until position is filled.
Don’t have a MyPHO account? Register Now