Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning
Paralytic shellfish poisoning is caused by ingesting a toxin found in mussels, oysters or clams harvested from water where the toxin is present. Onset typically begins between 30 minutes and three hours after ingesting the contaminated food. Symptoms of poisoning include tingling, numbness, paralysis, nausea and vomiting. People can reduce their risk of poisoning by only buying shellfish from reputable sources.
PHO Rounds: Doxy-PEP for STI Prevention in Cisgender gbMSM, PLHIV and Trans Women
In this Rounds presentation, presenters will explore research on doxy-PEP and various vital considerations for this STI prevention strategy.