National Infection Control Week 2023
16 Oct 2023
Today marks the start of National Infection Control Week 2023, an opportunity to celebrate and highlight the efforts of infection prevention and control (IPAC) professionals across health care settings. This year’s theme, Unmasking the Future, encourages us to consider the longer term impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and look to the future as we apply the new learnings and practices from this difficult time to keep Ontarians healthy and safe as we move forward. You can learn more about this year’s theme by visiting IPAC Canada’s website.
IPAC at Public Health Ontario (PHO)
Check out our newest IPAC resources:
- Environmental Cleaning online learning modules and resources
- Infection Control Risk Assessment Tool: CRMD
- IPAC Self-Assessment Audit for Long-Term Care and Retirement Homes
- IPAC Checklist for Long-Term Care and Retirement Homes
PHO is proud to recognize the leadership, educational efforts, systematic surveillance, advocacy, and innovation of our IPAC specialists. We provide public health professionals with expertise, support and resources related to IPAC, including:
- Routine Practices and Additional Precautions
- Environmental Cleaning
- IPAC audit tools
- Application of IPAC principles to unique and complicated situations
We also offer online educational courses for IPAC professionals targeted at different health care settings and practices, including our orientation resources for IPAC Leads in long-term care homes.
For all IPAC related information and resources, check out PHO’s IPAC webpage.