Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Public Health Ontario provides scientific and technical advice to the Ministry of Health, local public health units and other health system partners to support COVID-19 response efforts. This includes:
- conducting laboratory testing and providing advice on evolving testing technologies and approaches
- surveillance of cases and epidemiological data analysis and reporting
- providing advice to support developing public health guidance, decision-making and program and service delivery
- generating reports summarizing scientific evidence and best practices
- infection prevention and control training, guidance and support
- outbreak management advice and support
- contact tracing training and implementation of various supports to local public health units
- scientific and technical advice, resources and surveillance to support the implementation of COVID-19 vaccine programs
Updated 3 Dec 2021
You need a MyPHO Account to save this page.
You have successfully created a MyPHO account!
Use MyPHO to save content relevant to you, take online courses and register for subscriptions.